Thursday, October 28, 2010

a patch of leaves


We were in a hurry this morning.  The Halloween party would start whether we were in our seats or not.  We parked a few blocks away.  The air was crisp and cold.  As we were rushing down the side walk we ran into a patch of leaves.  They were beautiful.  I looked around and there were only pine trees around.

Sophie stopped as soon as she saw the leaves!  She was ready to have a party right there.  She could have cared less about anything on our schedule.  She scooped up a bunch of leaves, threw them in the air, and squealed with delight.  I talked her into following me.

After the parade and class party we decided to stop at the patch of leaves and have our own party.  Life is always so much more fun with Sophie around.  She is filled with delight at the simplest things.  I am grateful to have her with me---to remind me to stop and play in patches of leaves. 

3 comments:

nikki said...

It's true! Kids make us stop and see things that we are too busy to notice. I hope the girls will come trick or treating at our house on Saturday!

Lisa said...

Miss seeing you! Hope you and your family are doing well. Baby girl arrives any day!!!!

Anonymous said...

Aww...She sounds like my eleven year old:)