My favorite things:
- Danny walking in the door after being gone THE WHOLE WEEK! He was in New Orleans from Sunday morning to the following Saturday evening. That was too long!
- I enjoyed cooking a few things...but ate leftovers and In-n-Out the other nights. The few things I made:
pizza with fresh mozzarella and spinach
black bean enchiladas with corn
(enchiladas: red sauce, yellow corn tortillas, black beans, & med. sharp cheddar corn:sauteed with olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, sea salt & a quick dash of chili powder)
potato soup with grilled asparagus (I could eat grilled asparagus every day.)
(Danny's grandma's soup: 7 boullion cubes, 1/2 onion chopped finely, butter, flour, 7 potatoes, 7 cups of water, half & half asparagus:recipe here)
- practicing for guitar lessons again-I pushed myself SO MUCH more than I would have on my own. It was great for my girls to see me push through it too...they aren't the only ones tortured with difficult things to learn.
- Grandma's 89th birthday celebration! YAY!
- thanks to Kelly I have been eating A LOT more raw fruits and vegetables...especially salads for lunch and an apple for a snack! Thanks Kelly!!!! Your meeting was great!
- my girl's coming home on Wednesday, so excited about what they had learned about Martin Luther King. I was happy that they knew about Rosa Parks...and Ellie told Kate about Harriet Tubman because of a book she previously read. It warmed my heart!
- the book we are reading together on the couch.
- eating sushi at the Happy Sumo with people we love!
- this new work out video...ummm I had to walk very slowly for two days (I was so sore!) after my first workout but now I am rocking it! (I shouldn't have started with 5lb. weights on my first day)
- $19 pants I found at Anthropologie! They are so comfortable and I LOVE THEM! I bought a dress too---that wasn't $19. :)
- sitting with Sophie (who is a newly turned four year old) at church yesterday...I told her how much I loved her bright eyes and her cheerful smile...and she responded, "I know. That boy was staring at me." Ummm....fyi- "that boy" is FOURTEEN and wasn't staring at her!
- that I picked up my camera this week...and my girls wanted me to :)