Monday, October 25, 2010

on the same day~

I don't believe there are many coincidences in this life.

On Sunday morning my Aunt Patricia passed away.
She died at 1:30 that morning.
My dad was called early by her husband, my Uncle Bobby.
It has been too many years since I have sat at her dining room table.
I have missed lounging in her living room listening to her stories.
I loved hearing my dad and his sister share memories and life experiences:
as they slap their knees---and fill the room with laughter.
They can tell stories!
I could sit there all day.

There isn't a better cook to be found.
Anywhere.

my mom, dad, Cameron, Uncle Bobby, Miles & Aunt Patricia

I thought about her all day.
I wondered what her reunions were like "on the other side."
Was she with my Granny
and her sisters who have gone before her-
Aunt Vivian, Mimi and Laverne?

Today my dad called.
He lost another sister that same day- late that night.
My Aunt Doris died,
not knowing about her sister's death,
living several hundred miles away.

I don't believe in very many coincidences.
I do believe it was a sweet reunion---
filled with stories, laughter, and tears.

What I wouldn't give to be in that room quietly listening to those stories.

5 comments:

Monique said...

oh dear, such sad times. We are so blessed to understand His plan, no? Hugs!

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss. xox

~Love Lis said...

What a sweet reunion indeed! Hugs to you and your family. I'm so grateful we have a plan.

nikki said...

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry, Carin. What an emotional time for your family. It is true, isn't a blessing that we have the knowledge that we do. Nonetheless, I am sorry for your loss. We are thinking of you.

Bob Miller said...

Sweet....