Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday


 "Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection,
not in books alone,
but in every leaf in spring-time"
Martin Luther


Ellie made breakfast (egg burritos)
read the account of the resurrection from the New Testament (kids version)
the girls hunted for their Easter baskets
(filled with flip-flops, swimsuits, a summer shirt, and candy)
ironed dresses for church
(I surprised myself and didn't buy anyone Easter dresses this year--a first for me--I will have to make up for it next year :))
grilled cheese-tomato soup-sugarsnap peas lunch
made dough for rolls for dinner
a beautiful church service
baked the rolls
headed to Nana and Papa's
Sunday dinner
Easter egg hunt
Kate found the egg with a $20 bill!
(thanks Uncle Bill!)

Candy filled kids...and happy filled hearts.


3 comments:

nikki said...

Too cute! And knowing you...Mrs Creative...you probably made those baskets. Darling!

Carin Davis said...

I wish I could take credit for those adorable baskets! My sister (Dede) made them for my girls (and her boys) their very first Easters. They are my favorite thing to get out each year!

Connie Miller said...

It was a wonderful day! So fun.