Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving


I know this sounds like an exaggeration...but we haven't had Thanksgiving dinner at my parent's house on Thanksgiving day for at least 15 years.  We broke that bad tradition and headed to Mom and Dad's on Thursday!  The weather was reasonably warm.  The kids were excited...other than the dread my girl's were feeling at the thought of eating turkey.  (wimps...heeeheee)  I love my mom's cornbread dressing!  I love my dad's overall enthusiasm for the Thanksgiving feast.  My girls arranged a huge vegetable platter to look like a turkey.  They were pretty pleased and I was grateful for the help.  After our meal we headed to the movie theater to see Hugo.  Have you seen it!?!?!?!  Wasn't it BEAUTIFUL!!!!!  Isn't the story sweet!?!?  We LOVED it!!!!!

We are grateful for our warm homes, plentiful food, a land of liberty, falling leaves, and most of all~ each other.  xo

1 comment:

Tebbs Family said...

Gorgeous photos!!! LOVE the one of Kate... Need to see Hugo...