Monday, November 21, 2011

a thankful weekend





it was the perfect amount of time with friends and time with family
the perfect balance of time out and time at home~

bake cookies with a house full of little girls
dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday
watch falling snow
a piano recital-
(beautiful performances Ellie, Abi, Sam & Bailey!!!!)
hung wreaths and garland on front windows and door
(i LOVE the fresh cedar garland and fresh wreaths at Costco!!!!!)
practice our Christmas songs 
lots of play-dates
i started this book
a football game
(phew...that was a close one!)
put the kids to bed and watched The Nun's Story by Audrey Hepburn
church
choir practice
pictures for Christmas cards-my fav. out-takes above
(i LOVE Christmas cards...making and sending them...but mostly receiving them throughout the season...
it's one of my favorite parts of the holidays.)
a movie with all of us piled on our bed- Pollyanna (perfect for Thanksgiving week)!)
(i cried...kind of a lot)
making dinner together
hot chocolate with whipped cream

I am thankful for weekends...especially this one.

For your listening pleasure:
Ellie playing March Militaire

2 comments:

Misty said...

I can't wait to see your card. It's always one of my favorites! Judging by your "out-takes" the keepers will be amazing!!! Receiving Christmas cards is one of my favorite things of the season as well.

robin said...

Cute snow picture but I have to say that on this Thanksgiving day I am grateful that the snow has melted. :)