Saturday, November 20, 2010

"say it in music"


"If a composer could say what he had to say in words, He would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Ellie switched instruments this fall.
She has been playing guitar since kindergarten.
She decided that she wanted to try piano...
while still picking up her guitar occasionally.

She has loved it.
She loves her instructor and she is learning so much.
Although she has been playing less than two months, she prepared for the upcoming recital.
I was inspired by all of the students.
They played beautifully and showed such grace under pressure.

What inspired me most---
was my eight year old daughter...
preparing with enthusiasm and excitement.
She played as if there was no one in the room~
in fact, I think she might be happiest at the piano with an audience.


Bluebird on My Shoulder by Faber
Old Cotton Picker-Folk Song

2 comments:

Tebbs Family said...

Yay! Another pianist... awesome. How is Sophie enjoying the violin???

Bob Miller said...

I am very proud of our girls for working hard on their musical talents.