Sunday, June 26, 2011

my favorite memory



We were playing "Make Me Laugh."  We would divide the room into two groups.  Each group would do about anything to crack the stone faces of their opponents, while they sat together on the couch.  My group was my aunt, her boyfriend (now uncle), my little sister Annie, and me.  We were up against my mom, dad, sister Dede and my brother Mike (one of the funniest people I know).  We were definitely the underdogs in this group.   

We tried to put our funniest feet forward...but there was nothing.  They were a hard crew to crack.  My small team huddled in my bedroom (I was a senior in high school).  I don't know whose idea it was...but we switched outfits.  Annie traded with my aunt (how did she get my little sister's, who at the time would have been 11 at best, shorts and t-shirt on!?)  I wore my uncles clothes (khaki slacks and a blue polo) and he put my jersey floral dress with sweater on.  We walked in one by one....Annie first...and then we all walked in...they were fine until my uncle entered---wearing a teenagers dress...and
WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

And he won us all over that day...we loved him, and we will miss him.

No comments: