Monday, June 6, 2011

The Kennedy Center


Annie has recommended The Kennedy Center to me each time I have visited Washington DC.  This May it worked out!  Annie and I saw Iphigenie en Tauride starring Placido Domingo.  In our childhood home, our dad gave us plenty of opportunities to enjoy operatic tenors.  Pavarotti was most often playing, but we enjoyed The Three Tenors as well, of which, Placido Domingo was a part. 

The music and artistic display was beautiful.  Annie took time during the intermission to fill me in on the story.  I was intrigued.  I loved the ending.  The building is absolutely beautiful.  If that whole experience wasn't enough---they announced an opportunity to stay for a Q&A with the performers.  We hadn't eaten dinner yet---we were hungry.  But how could we pass that up!?  We stayed and it was absolutely delightful.  I was surprised to have been most entertained by the conductor William Lacey.

I hope to visit The Kennedy Center in every future visit I have to DC.
Thank you Annie xoxo

2 comments: