Monday, February 9, 2015

"today is a gift"


"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

A new week
a fresh start
and a better perspective.

She had 28 missing assignments last term.
She came home last week with her first update of this term and had six missing from the past two weeks.
We canceled all extra curricular activities and got serious about school.
She came home today knowing exactly what she needed to get done.
She worked hard and fast!
She will figure out 5th grade in her time...which will be just fine.

2 comments:

~Love Lis said...

5th grade was the hardest for me too! 6th grade will be so much better!

Ashley Kate said...

Carin, I feel so many raw emotions of motherhood/life/love on your blog... and I know you are only sharing small glimpses of your life. Kate is so special, and has a mother always there supporting her through highs and lows. A lesson unequal in value to all other "extra curriculars." I really love visiting your blog, and I am RARELY online! Maybe I will start blogging again one day. Thank you for sharing your loves. <3